CompTIA Network Plus Certification
You are here: Home >> CompTIA Network Plus Certification >>
CompTIA Network Plus Certification
- CompTIA Network Plus Certification
Number of exam(s)
- Books, CDs, Manual, Notes & Unlimited Lab Access VAT
- Compare the layers of the OSI and TCP/IP models
- OSI Model: Physical Layer, Data Link, Network, Transport, Session, Presentation, Application
- Network Interface Layer, Internet Layer, Transport layer, Application Layer
Protocols relate to OSI Model
- MAC, IP, EUI-64, Frames, Packets, Switch, Routher, Hub, Encryption devices, Cable, NIC, Bridge
- Purpose and Properties of IP Addressing
Class A, Class B, Class C and Class D IP address
Public vs Private IP Adresses, CIDR, IPv4 and IPv6, MAC Address, Subnetting, Multicast, Unicast, broadcast
- Routing and Switching:
EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, Link State, Distance vector, Hybrid, Static vs Dynamic, Routing Interface, Hop counts, MTU, Bandwidth, Latency, Spanning Tree Protocol, VLAN, 802.1q, Port Mirroring, Broadcast domain vs collision domain, IGP vs EGP, Routing tables
- TCP and UDP ports: SMTP – 25, HTTP – 80, FTP-20,21, TELNET-23, IMAP-143, RDP-3389, SSH-22, DNS-53, DHCP-67,68, SNMP-161, BOOTPS/DHCP-67, TFTP-69, HTTPS - 443
- Common networking protocols:
TCP, FTP, UDP, TCP/IP, DHCP, TFTP, DNS, HTTPS, HTTP, ARP, SIP(VoIP), RTP (VoIP), SSH, POP3, NTP, IMAP4, Telnet, SMTP, SNMP2/3, ICMP, IGMP, TLS
- IP Address Formats: IPv6, IPv4, MAC Addressing
- Use of IP Addressing technologies and addressing schemes
Subnetting, Classful vs classless, CIDR, Supernetting, NAT, PAT, SNAT, Public vs Private, DHCP, Static IP, APIPA, Unicast, Multicast, Broadcast
- Common Routing Protocols IPv4 and IPv6: OSPF, IS-IS, RIP, RIPv2, BGP, EIGRP
Purpose and Properties of routing:
- IGP vs EGP, Static vs Dynamic, Next Hop, routing tables
- Wireless communication standards: 802.11 a/b/g/n, Authentication and encryption, WPA, WEP, RADIUS, TKIP.
Network Media and Topologies
- Standard cable types: CAT3, CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6, STP, UTP, Multimode fiber, single-mode fiber, Coaxial, RG-59, RG-6, Serial, Plenum vs Non-plenum, Transmission speeds, Distance, Duplex, Noise immunity, frequency
- Connector Types: RJ-11, RJ-45, BNC, SC, ST, LC, RS-232
- Physical Network Topologies: Star, Mesh, Bus, Ring, Point to Point, Point to Multipoint, Hybrid.
- Wiring standards: 568A, 568B, Straight vs Cross-over, Rollover, Loopback.
- WAN technology types: Frame relay, E1/T1, ADSL, SDSL, VDSL, Cable modem, Satellite, E3/T3, OC-x, Wireless, ATM, SONET, MPLS, ISDN BRI, ISDN PRI, POTS, PSTN, Circuit switch, Packet switch, speed, transmission media, distance.
- LAN technology: Ethernet, 10BaseT, 100BaseTX, 100BaseFX, 1000BaseT, 1000BaseX, 10GBaseSR, 10GBaseLR, 10GBaseER, 10GBaseSW, 10GBaseLW, 10GbaseEW, CSMA/CD, Broadcast, Collision, Bonding, Speed, Distaance.
- Comon Logical Network Topoloties: Peer to peer, Client/server, VPN, VLAN
- Components of wiring distribution: Vertical and horizontal cross connects, Patch panels, 66 block, MDFs, IDFs, 25 pair, 100 pair, 110 block, Demarc, Demarc extension, Smart jack, Verify wiring installation, Verify wiring termination
- Common Network Devices: Hub, Repeater, Modem, NIC, Media converters, Basic switch, Bridge, Wireless access point, Basic router, Basic firewall, Basic DHCP server
- Functions of specialized network devices: Multilayer switch, Content switch, IDS/IPS, Load balancer, Multifunction network devices, DNS server, Bandwidth shaper, Proxy server, CSU/DSU
- Advanced features of a switch: PoE, Spanning tree, VLAN, Trunking, Port mirroring, Port authentication
- Implement a basic wireless network: Install client, Access point placement, Install access point, Verify installation
- Function of each layer of the OSI model: Physical Layer, Data Link, Network, Transport, Session, Presentation, Application
- Types of configuration management documentation: Wiring schematics, Physical and logical network diagrams, Baselines, • Policies, procedures and configurations, Regulations
- Network monitoring to identify performance and connectivity issues:
Network monitoring utilities, System logs, history logs, event logs
- Different methods and rationales for network performance optimization and Troubleshooting:
Traffic, Load Balancing, Fault tolerance, Latency, Bandwidth, VoIP, Video Applications, Uptime, symtoms and problems, identify and create and action plan, Implement test solutions, Document the solution and the entire process.
- Troubleshoot common connectivity issues: Physical issues, collisions, interferences, logical issues, port speed, port duplex mismatch, Incorrect VLAN, incorrect IP adresses, Wrong gateway, Wrong DNS, Wrong Subnet mask, Wireless Issues.
- Command line interface tool: Traceroute, Ipconfig, Ifconfig, Ping, Arp ping, Arp, Nslookup, Hostname, Dig, Mtr, Route, Nbtstat, Netstat
- Purpose of network scanners: Packet sniffers, Intrusion detection software, Intrusion prevention software, Port scanners
- Utilize the appropriate hardware tools:
Cable testers, Protocol analyzer, Certifiers, TDR, OTDR, Multimeter, Toner probe, Butt set, Punch down tool, Cable stripper, Snips, Voltage event recorder, Temperature monitor
- Hardware and software security devices: Network based firewall, Host based firewall, IDS, IPS, VPN concentrator.
- Common features of a firewall: Application layer vs. network layer, Stateful vs. stateless, Scanning services, Content filtering, Signature identification, Zones
- Methods of network access security: ACL, MAC Filtering, IP Filtering, Tunneling and encryption, SSL VPN, L2TP, PPTP, IPSEC, RAS, RDP, PPPoE, PPP, VNC, ICA
- User Authentication: PKI, Kerberos, AAA, Radius, Network Access Control, CHAP, MS-CHAP, EAP
- Device Security: Physical Security, Local and Remote Access, SSH, HTTPS, SNMPv3, SFTP, SCP, TELNET, HTTP, FTP, RSH, RCP, SNMPv1/2
- Common Security threats: DoS, Viruses, Wroms, Attackers, Man in the middle, Smurf, Rouge access points, Phishing, Policies and procedures, user training, patches and updates.
Price Includes: £890
- Hands-on tutor led training
- Unlimited practice lab access
- Books, cds and Manuals
- Completion Certificate